Criteria for Gold Level (refers to junior children only):
* Provide all children with two hours of timetabled Physical Education per week and have extra curriculum provision inclusive of physical activity in addition to this.
* Engage at least 50% of pupils in extracurricular sporting and pyhsical activity every week.
* Have targeted provision for those least active children in school and a minimum take up of at least 15% from those identified as least active at the start of the academic year. This needs to be sustained over a term.
* Use the School Games format to provide the opportunity for both boys and girls to take part in the appropriate level of competition:
- 2 opportunities for "Personal Challenge"
- 8 opportunities for intra school sports
- 6 opportunities for inter school sports
- 3 opportunities for "B" Teams
- 1 opportunity for "C" Teams