Good morning Year 3,
I hope that everybody is well and keeping up the hard work that you are all doing!
Today's tasks are as follows-
Today for our SPaG work, I would like you to have a go at some work on coordinating conjunctions. We have done some work on this as part of our writing sessions and the are something which you use by Year 3, without really thinking about them. A coordinating conjunction can join two sentences parts of a sentence and words together, for example and, but, so, nor and yet. I would like you to carefully read the sentences and see if you can spot the coordinating conjunction or use one to re-write them. I have attached a PowerPoint to help you make a start with this.
* Today, I would like you to continue with your work on reading time to the nearest 5 minute. We are going to have a look at some problem solving and you will need to look at the clocks and statements carefully to see whether they are correct or not. If you are feeling more confident with your time, please start from the second sheet.
Don't forget to keep your times tables ticking over. If you have time, you can start to think about World War Two and see if you can find out some information on things like-
(1) Why did World War Two start for Britain?
(2) What was the Battle of Britain?
(3) What was the Blitz?
(4) Which cities were bombed during the Blitz?
(5) How were children who lived in these cities protected?
(6) How did other people protect themselves when bombs started to fall?
(7) Why did houses and other buildings have to have blackout curtains?
(8) What was VE Day?
Next week we shall be doing a mini-project on World War Two, as part of the commemorations for the 75th anniversary of VE (Victory in Europe) Day, so our work next week will look slightly different.
Bye for now!