Good morning Year 3,
I hope everybody is well and thank you again for the lovely messages that I have been receiving. I am trying to reply to everyone!
Today's tasks are as follows-
Today I would like you to do the handwriting sheets. These won't take you a long time, so if you have finished, you can find out the meanings of any words that you are not sure of, recording the definition as a simple sentence.
* Today we are going to revise the work which we did on am and pm times. Remember am is the morning (from 12 midnight until 12 lunchtime) and pm is the afternoon and evening (from 12 lunchtime until midnight). You will need to look at the clocks and facts carefully to decide whether they are am or pm times.
* Have a go at cutting out the food on the sheet and see if you can remember how to sort this into the correct groups on the plate, to make a balanced diet.
* Mrs Rowland has also put some practical science activities on the website for you to have a go at.
Don't forget to keep your times tables ticking over. If you have time, you can start to think about World War Two and see if you can find out some information on things like-
(1) Why did World War Two start for Britain?
(2) What was the Battle of Britain?
(3) What was the Blitz?
(4) Which cities were bombed during the Blitz?
(5) How were children who lived in these cities protected?
(6) How did other people protect themselves when bombs started to fall?
(7) Why did houses and other buildings have to have blackout curtains?
(8) What was VE Day?
Next week we shall be doing a mini-project on World War Two, as part of the commemorations for the 75th anniversary of VE (Victory in Europe) Day, so our work next week will look slightly different.
Over and out!