Children develop their reading skills in school in many different ways:
- As a whole class with the same text
- As an individual choosing library books to read
- As a member of an ability group in guided reading sessions
- As an individual with a teacher or teaching assistant
- As an individual with a reading partner in another class
- As an individual with a Better Reading Partner (Adult support) (Selected Children only)
The emphasis in school is that we are teaching children the mechanics and comprehension skills at levels matched to their abilities.