We were allocated £18,040 plus £1,069 carried forward from 2020 - 2021.
A total of £19,109
£17,333 was spent on employing our own Sports Coach. His core contract has been for 21 1/4 hours which has been used to:
* Deliver (alongside class teachers) one hour per week of high quality P.E. to our Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 groups.
* Deliver (alongside class teachers) two hours per week of high quality P.E. to our Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 classes.
* Provide structured sporting opportunities at lunchtimes including: table tennis, football, hockey, basketball and the daily mile
* Provide 1:1 gross and fine motor skills training for some of our children with SEND.
* Provide 3 after-school clubs per week available to children from Years 1 to 6
* Deliver Cycle Training to our Year 6 children
* Train teams for school-school competitions
* Class teachers have accessed a 3rd year of high quality CPD in PE teaching focusing on developing their skills in teaching specific sports and fundamental fitness skills.
* Activity levels at lunchtimes continue to increase with a larger group of children engaging in sporting activities. This has also been provided during indoor breaks using activities such as table tennis.
* Activity levels in PE lessons (where we have large class sizes of 36) have increased. With two adults teaching each class, we have been able to split classes into smaller groups or focus on more effectively supporting those children who have struggled.
* We were able to continue extra-curricular activities (3 times per week) during 2021 – 2022.
* All of our Year 6 pupils accessed level 1 and level 2 cycle training
During 2022 - 2023 we will continue to employ our Sports Coach but only part of his role will be funded by Sports Premium. The funding will enable him to:
* provide CPD for teachers new to the school and teachers in new year groups to equip them to be able to teach effective PE lessons in future years
* provide additional after-school clubs in a wider variety of sports
* train and sustain a team of Y6 pupils as Play Leaders to enable more active playtimes for our younger pupils
* provide lunchtime activity sessions
£900 was spent on providing additional swimming coaching for those children in Year 5 and Year 4 who had not previously met the end of KS2 swimming expectations.
100% of our children in Year 6 met the end of KS2 expectations for Swimming.
94% of our children in Year 4 have met the end of KS2 expectations for Swimming.
81% of our children in Year 5 have met the end of KS2 expectations for Swimming.
We will continue to use Sports Funding to fund this additional swimming instruction as long as the funding is available. Our focus will be on those children who will be in Year 6 in 2022-2023.
£876 was spent on topping up our PE resources to ensure that staff have sufficient resources to deliver high-quality PE lessons.
We now have sufficient resources so that all children in our larger classes have enough equipment in PE lessons. For example, we were able to replace our very old hockey sticks so that we now have a full class set of sticks that are in good condition.
We will continue to use a small proportion of Sports Premium to fund resources.